The BullWheel difference
Camp BullWheel is the only place in the world where an individual with a high spinal cord injury can independently cast a rod and line from a boat. This incredible feat is the result of decades of innovative engineering work. In 2019 we received grants that allowed us to expand our fleet of accessible boats to allow even more individuals with spinal cord injuries and their companions to experience the beauty of the Madison Valley.
Unique One-of-a-kind technology
Born in the rehab engineering laboratory in the basement of Craig Hospital, the Fishinator has brought to life the dreams and aspirations of individuals with high spinal cord injuries. With just a "sip" and a "puff" guests are able to cast, retrieve at variable speeds, and set the hook at their own command. View it in action on Youtube
Wheelchair Accessible Boats
Camp BullWheel has two 18' double pontoon boats whose low center of gravity design has been refined over 12 years to ideally accommodate participants in both motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs. In early 2019 we were the recipient of a grant from the Christopher Reeves Foundation that fully funded a second, 18' double pontoon boat.
- 2 Willy Drift Boats- 17’ with a hinging stern that allows easy access for wheelchairs
- Custom Fiberglass Drift-skiff for a manual wheelchair and guest who can be easily transferred
- 13’ NRS self-bailing raft for someone who can be easily transferred.
Contact us for information about our other equipment:
- One-handed fishing rod with motorized reel
- One-handed fly rod
- 2 Tenkara telescoping rods, 12’ and 13’-15’, variable length rod
- Rex-fly system for compromised-strength guests
- Brace system for compromised-strength guests